Updated: May 7
At ATBS, we understand that sometimes it can be difficult to find your routine. We know that as an owner-operator, your days and weeks can look very different. Here are the Top 10 Things an Owner-Operator Should Do Every Day!
1) A Pre-Trip Inspection of your rig. Not only is it mandatory, but it's a great way to start your day.
2) Make the bed. It makes everything look cleaner, and it's an easy thing to accomplish first thing!
3) Plan your meals and snacks for the day ahead of time. Remember to include healthy snacks like fruits & veggies.
4) Map your route and fuel stops. Since fuel is such a big expense, this is a great opportunity to keep more of your hard-earned money! 5) Smile. When greeting your dispatcher, a toll booth operator, even the TA clerk working the register. This reminds me of Plato's quote: "Be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle". 6) Plan to move. Try the FIT System! Seek out a trail to walk at the truck stop, or even find a workout facility nearby. 7) Buckle up! 8) Reach out to your loved ones. Using a headset of course!
9) Organize the day's receipts and keep them in a central location, that's clean and easy to access.
10) Drive carefully!