Updated: May 7
**If you're an ATBS Client, please send your documents to ATBS using the ATBS Mobile App. To download the app and learn more, visit www.atbs.com/mobileapp.**
As a truck driver you probably collect a couple handfuls worth of receipts each month you are on the road. Things like fuel, parts, and showers are all tax deductible so you need to save a receipt to prove the expense. If you like to do everything electronically, the idea of using a computer scanner to send each of those receipts to your accountant isn’t all that exciting. We recommend using CamScanner to send your receipts and documents directly to your accountant right from your smartphone.
CamScanner is the world’s number one document scanning and sharing app. With over 10 million downloads it has over a 4.5 average customer rating. It is available for free from either the Apple app store or Google Play.
To help get you started we have created a step-by-step guide on how to use the CamScanner app.
1. Register a new account.
2. Provide either an email address or phone number, and a password to create an account. A link will be emailed or texted to you for confirmation. Use that link to activate your account.
3. Sign in with your username (either email or phone number) and password.
4. Prepare your receipt or document by writing your ATBS CODE and identifying what item on the receipt is a business expense. Be sure to mark each item with a pen - do not use a highlighter as it will be difficult to read.
5. A camera icon will appear on the bottom of your screen after you have signed in to your account. Select that icon to capture an image of your receipt.
6. This will open into camera mode and when you hold your phone steady, it will automatically focus. Make sure you can clearly read the receipt or document when taking the picture.
7. Press the camera icon to capture the image.
8. Review the photo and press "Next" if the receipt is legible. If you would like to redo your picture, use the back arrow to retry.
9. Your image will be automatically cropped and enhanced. You'll also have the option to rename the document in the upper left hand corner of the screen if you'd like to.