Updated: May 7
The 2019 Great American Trucking Show (GATS) is quickly approaching! This convention (held August 22nd - 24th in Dallas, TX) will have many exciting events this year. Not sure what events to attend? ATBS has you covered.
1. "Partners in Business" with ATBS The Partners in Business seminars, produced by Overdrive and ATBS, will be held on Friday, August 23rd and Saturday, August 24th at 11:30 a.m. President and CEO of ATBS, Todd Amen, will be presenting about ATBS owner-operator benchmarks and how to succeed in 2019. The information in these seminars will be valuable for any trucker.
2. "Partners in Business" Workshops In addition to the two Partners in Business presentations, Matt Amen of ATBS will help moderate two separate Partners in Business workshops. The first session will be taking place on August 23rd at 2:00 p.m. and they will be discussing best practices for finding freight and managing cash flow. The second session will be taking place on August 24th at 1:30 p.m. and this session will be all about best practices of successful owner-operators.
3. The Landstar Health & Wellness Pavilion Don't forget to stop by the Landstar Health & Wellness Pavilion stage throughout the show. Here, you will be able to participate in free health screenings, cooking demos, and health and fitness seminars. Events include a Landstar Scavenger Hunt, Yoga For Truckers, and Strategies Towards Better Physical and Emotional Health. Make sure to take advantage of these educational opportunities.
4. Pride and Polish Awards Ceremony The Pride & Polish is the top truck beauty contest in North America. Trucks that participate are polished and customized from front to back. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 24th starting 10:00 a.m. You won't want to miss who gets crowned as the most beautiful show truck in America.
5. FMCSA Hot Topics There will be two opportunities to hear about hot trucking industry topics from the FMCSA. The first will be taking place on Thursday, August 22nd beginning at 3:00 p.m. and the second will be on Saturday, August 24th beginning at 1:00 p.m. A few of the topics that will be discussed are ELD implementation, The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse, and more.
6. Trucking's Top Rookie and Trucker Talent Search On Friday, August 24th, in Hall A, there will be two fun back-to-back events. The first event, beginning at 2:00 p.m., will be Trucking's Top Rookie. This event is brought to you by Trucker's News, who puts on the event to recognize the best new drivers joining the trucking industry. Immediately after this event will be the Trucking Talent Search Finals, brought to you by Overdrive. At this event, you will see the three finalists compete live and display their talents.
7. Stop by the Freightliner Trucks Booth #239G Make sure to stop by the Freightliner Trucks booth and say hi to our friends over at Team Run Smart. A few of the Team Run Smart "Pros" will be at the booth to answer questions, hand out prizes, and talk about all things trucking.
For a full agenda and stage schedule click here.